I'm Graduated from preschool... well teaching it :)
I say I'm graduated because I feel accomplished. I really enjoyed doing this co-op preschool thing. I learned a lot and had fun.
Anyway my Relief Society lesson is at the end of this week. So having to divide my extra time, I was forced to cut back on my overdoing and over preparing. Surprisingly it worked and I was definitely less stressed.
So I'm kinda bummed I didn't have the full group for a final time, but I enjoyed the 4 that were there. I wouldn't have thought being down 2 would make a difference, but it was really a different experience. Thanks to Jen, even though I could have made it along without her, I enjoyed her company.
We did a lot of Animal stuff cause we have a ton of those kind of materials at home. We read animal books, did puzzles, read animal fact cards and played with plastic animals. I gave the kids a blank sheet of paper and asked them to draw their favorite animal and it actually seemed like they colored longer. It was like they were using their imaginations more while playing and coloring. Not to say coloring pages and art projects aren't important. I just think maybe a free draw thrown in seemed to be beneficial to them.
We did play-doh and instead of play-doh toys, I just gave them a bunch of plastic silverware and they seemed to enjoy pretending it was food.
I suppose we didn't do anything spectacularly academic but I hope they had fun.
All in all it was a good ending to my teaching term. I am appreciative to have been involved and I hope it goes well for the last couple weeks for everyone.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You aren't going to tell them about how all the kids were crying all at the same time or about how we lost them for a good 30 minutes and then later found them over at Hancock college? Haha. Just kidding! It was a great week and it's funny how they are happy to use their imaginations. Like giving them a box to play with. Amazing what they will come up with. Great job Samara!
ReplyDelete