Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thank you Sunshine!

First off, I am so glad that I had sunshine on my days!!!!!

Tuesday- We did an I-Spy activity, talked about shadows, read books, did a little dancing, and played outside. We played duck-duck-goose, red light/green light, and shadow tag.

Wednesday-I had to do a crafty activity with glue today. So we made ourselves some cute little alligators. Then they traced a doodle on a page. Supposed to help with hand/eye/fine motor skills. We drew on our block wall outside with sidewalk chalk. Then my gardener came and ruined our fun. During book time I didn't feel that were that into me reading today. So part way through I had them "read" their book to the other kids. Some kids rocked this and some weren't into it.

Stuff to remember-

I need to put up gates. They do better in confined spaces. It really is true that kids need boundaries. I noticed a big difference between when I used gates and when I didn't.

We had snack outside today. Loved it! Couldn't beat today's weather.

Have my crafty project stuff more ready to go. I have been better about this in the past. Not so good today.

Always be flexible. I know that Julia loves doing certain activities and I try it on the kids and there are some that would rather not do them. That's okay. It's just a bummer for me if I don't have something else up my sleeve.

Aiden was singing following the leader so that might be a fun thing to try as an organized activity someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment