Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1 of Our Unbirthday Party

I'm only going to write a short bit because I will be blogging tomorrow also. I am so glad that it worked out so well that we could have a sick day and still get my 2 days in.
Let me just say I had such a better time this time and all the kids did amazing. I actually ran out of time and the kids were totally well behaved. I was actually still setting up (cause I was running so on time in the first place) when the kids plopped themselves down on their chairs and were ready to go. I am so impressed, no IMPRESSED how great the kids are doing and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow.
Today we learned what makes the kids special. Tomorrow we will do more birthdays or unbirthdays complete with cupcakes if I can ever get to making them. Ok so rundown of today.
We did the most important person in the bag. I called each of the kids to come up and look into this bag that I had. Inside was a mirror so they saw themselves. Too cute. They look confused and excited all at the same time. Before hand I asked who the most important person was and Noah said, you are going to be shocked on this one, "Julia!" If Noah is supposidly engaged to Kendall, then there is some cheating going on. Kristyn will back me up on this one.
Then we went thru their baby pics and amazingly Kainoa got pretty much every baby picture. I will impressed. The kids got so excited when I revealed who the baby was. I will send home those tomorrow. Then we also went thru our family pictures and I had each of the kids tell me who was in their family. They loved it.
By the time we were done with that it was close to 11am so we did a little bit of reading time which I call lets look at the pictures quickly so we all still pay attention. And only a couple songs which I was a little sad about that I rushed because I know how everyone's fav time is singing time. They were not in the mood for singing today.
After snack we did name that person and roll the ball to them which worked well for a short while and then we went onto our craft Paper Doll and coloring time. I hope all the mom's got to see their little doll children and the houses they colored. They did so good. By the time we got done with all that, it was almost noon and the moms were here. I didn't even get to the balloons but there is always tomorrow.
Only thing I ran out of tape and I forgot their names for their seats so I'm bringing them tomorrow! Just having the letters for the kids to find helps them so much!
I cannot say how much our kids have grown and learned and I am so glad we are doing this. We have some smart, amazing, funny, random kids. Ok that is all. Keeping it short. See ya tomorrow...slightly more prepared!

4 comments:

  1. Noah seriously loves Julia. He scooted his chair rightupnexttoher every time they sat down. It was hilarious.

    Can't wait till tomorrow!

    You did great Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Julia's paper doll and her cute little family complete with a Police Officer dad! They are both proudly displayed on our fridge at least until next week when she brings home more cute artwork.

    And Samara was a lifesaver for me today!!! I was starving. Thank you so much. I totally crammed those yummy sandwiches down and then promptly followed it up with a chocolate cupcake!!! Made My Day!!!!

    Don't forget Park Day tomorrow at Rice Ranch, 11:30 am

    www.smplaydate.blogspot.com for more info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome Jen for the food... Thank costco size Hawaiian roll packs, and I was just super bored tuesday night craving some sweets. Thanks for letting me pass my sugary yums on to you all! :)

    I'm glad your week went well Rachel. And cheers to you for squeezing your days in back to back and surviving. All the personal stuff was so cute. Funny how the kids love hearing about themselves:) Kainoa made me fix his little paper guy, when Keoni ripped the head off...oops. Anyway looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete