Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Letter P & Plants


Mon:

Books
Reviewed of all the letters and their sounds/find the letter P in ads cut out/Made P with arms
Talked about plants, what they need to grow, etc.
Put cards in order of how a plant goes from seed to a plant
Acted out growing like a seed to a full flower
Used magnifying glasses in backyard to look at plants and spiderwebs (some kids really loved this and others just wanted to run around, which was fine)
Planted bean sprout

Wed:
Books
Bunny sponge painting
Sink or Float activity from here (put things in the water to see if they would sink or float, then put them in an egg to see if they'd float, blew on the eggs to make them move, some sunk a lot, some sunk a little, some moved quickly, others didn't. I'm not sure if all the kids grasped this one, but they still seemed to have fun. Thacks and I did this yesterday and he was experimenting all afternoon what would sink and what wouldn't, so hopefully your kids get into at home too? Maybe w/o making a big mess like I had this morning before everyone got here and he was experiencing more. :)
Talked about plants (put cards in order of their parts [roots, stem. etc], looked at them through magnifying glasses, went in backyard and looked at the different parts
Sang Little Bunny Foo Foo (the kids really loved this one particularly), Old MacDonald, and 5 Little Jelly Beans from here
Easter egg hunt

I used Lindsay and Jen's idea and would have small breaks in between things, which turned out pretty good. It's great to prep for each activity during that break without them waiting on me! I think overall the days worked out pretty good. Also, the kids sat sooooo well today during storytime, I'm really proud of everyone! And a big thanks to Rach and Jen for helping me! I think I'm lost w/o help! :) See ya guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment