Stars and space.
We missed Miss Julia and Aidan today. Having only 4 was a completely different experience!
Do you really want a play by play of everyhing?
If not, deal with it. And if you do, you are in luck! We really did the usual things: read stories, talked about Space and Astronauts, and then we went outside. The break right after sitting down time was very much needed. These kids are little still, so only sitting through storytime and then letting them play a little bit made a WORLD of difference. We didn't have ANY misbehavior today, I think the paying attention for 10 minutes, playing for 5 minutes works very well. We did attempt the parachute, we may have to work on this a little more!
And then, of course, snacktime was the biggest hit.
We danced around a little "on the moon" or on the couch cushions, whichever you prefer! And made rockets and spaceships. Stickers seemed like a good idea. And clean, too. But those little fingers had a hard time getting the stickers off the sheet, dangit.
Everyone always seems to enjoy digging for treasures in the beans. We looked for foam stars to complete our art project. It was fun to have that activity lead to another one.
And then it was playdoh time. They seriously played with the playdoah for like 20 minutes. We completely skipped free play with toys because they were loving that dough. The didn't have any tools, just come plastic kid utensils. They just made the letter S out of the snakes and just squished the crap out of it. It was fun. They were very much entertained.
We had a very small group, but it worked out okay. I am so in love with the idea of playtime whenever they seem ready for it. Just for a few minutes. That few minutes gets a lot of wiggles out. I have a hard time sitting for long periods of time, even when there are activities for me to do. Sometimes just moving and doing whatever you want to is good, even for 5 minutes.
I look forward to tomorrow. Did you know tomorrow is Houdini day?
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Linds - I was totally amazed at how well the break in the middle turned out as well. I might be sold on the idea - I might just try to work it in on Monday. Thacks has been LOVING his rocket too! That was so creative!!
ReplyDelete