Thursday, March 11, 2010

Letter H & Magnets part dos

I can't remember exactly how it all went, but this at least was what I had planned:

Stories

Fishing with magnets

Find H's on posterboard/make H's with hands/all together lie on the floor/use fingers to trace it with wood chips and different textures (I'm really into textures right now for some reason)

story, find the H's

wheels on the bus/popcorn popping

story

coloring

outline game. This was fun, and surprisingly kept their attention for doing it at the end. I traced a bunch of objects on a piece of paper to make a sort of puzzle then had the kids pick a piece out of my bag and place it where it belongs. Then they closed their eyes and I removed a piece and they had to tell me which one it was, yada yada yada, and then five or so minutes later it was time to play!

Somewhere in there was a walk and snack time too. I think I'm forgetting something b/c this doesn't seem like much, but oh well, this is all I've got.


Rachel was a fantastic help (and when I had to change Bennett's diaper, I found out how good she is at improvising! :) The day was overall not too bad. Kind of crazy at times (that's why we went on a walk - by the way, I highly recommend them, I loved it) but in the end the day was not too bad!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day!!! That puzzle/tracing game sounds cool. I'll have to use some of this when it is my turn again.

    ReplyDelete